Michael Filak… GLOBAL OUTSOURCING BUSINESS CREATION AND STRATEGY EXECUTIVE
5928 St. Agnes Dr., Plano TX, 75093 * 214-707-4512 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Multi-talented “business creation” and strategy executive driving shareholder value for multiple top-tier consultancy firms… Onshore/offshore/nearshore solutions specialist, globalization expert and visionary strategist
Attributes: Excellent Customer Skills, Effective Communications, Problem Solver
- Strategy Development: Built and executed CGI’s integrated (ITO/ADM/BPO) US outsourcing sales strategy that grew CGI’s outsourcing book of business from $0 to greater than $1B TCV.
- Revenue Generation: Led and closed multiple >$100M opportunities.
- Outsourcing Leadership: Proven ability to lead, drive, negotiate and close complex multi-tower, multi-function outsourcing opportunities combining ITO, ADM and BPO.
- Sales Management – Led a 25+ person sales organization that successfully built pipeline and sold large deals to new and current clients – $2B+ in wins; exceeded targets.
- Buyer-Side Procurement/Supply Chain: – Sourcing lead for procurements of >$2.5B; Developed Cigna’s globalization strategic sourcing strategies for ITO and BPO; savings >$50M.
- International Experience: Lived in Southeast Asia for 2 years (2011-2013); Experience in US, Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Eastern Europe, France, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, and UK.
Executive Leadership to Drive Shareholder Value
· Complex Deal Structuring/Closing
· Cross Functional Leadership
|· Financial Innovation
· Opportunity Identification
|· Relationship Management
· M&A, PE and Strategic Alliances
Successful Track Record with Demonstrable Results
MPHASIS, an HP Company – Global Information Services Company ` January 2015 – May 2016
Vice President / Deal Principal
Mphasis, a subsidiary of HP, is a full service global IT services and BPO company headquartered in Bangalore, India.
- Hired as one of the initial team members of a newly formed global strategic deal group.
- Identified and negotiated a key strategic partnership relationship with a global provider.
IBM – Global Information Technology Company 2011 – 2015
Client Services Executive (CSE) – Asia (Bangkok, Thailand), Dallas TX
Hired originally to relocate from the US to Bangkok to lead large strategic outsourcing pursuits for APAC opportunities and mentor the local Thai team to pursue large-scale outsourcing deals. Worked on opportunities in Thailand, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines. Returned to US in similar role.
- Led the effort to convert a workplace solution into a full IT infrastructure outsourcing opportunity with a client bank resulting in the largest ITO contract ever signed in the Philippines.
- Renegotiated a termination (for cause) into a restructured renewal for a large IBM outsourcing account; added 30 percentage points to gross margin making the account profitable.
- CSE for a multi-country cloud deal with a major European retailer.
CIGNA – Global Healthcare Insurance Provider 2009 – 2011
Procurement Strategic Sourcing Executive
Cigna is one of the largest US healthcare insurance providers with greater than $20 billion of revenue and more than 12 million members. Sourcing lead/management for Cigna’s large-scale procurement sourcing efforts.
- Savings >$50M
- Procurement sourcing lead for >$2B and >$600M ITO outsourcing deals and >$50M BPO deal.
- Commercial lead for a >$150M Professional Services outsourcing deal.
- Co-development of Cigna’s strategic BPO/BPM strategy and roadmap, streamlined vendor relationships, identified opportunities for significant performance improvement and cost savings; Development of Cigna’s integrated ITO sourcing strategy.
SUTHERLAND GLOBAL SERVICES – Global BPO/BPM Services Company 2008- 2009
Senior Vice President, Strategic Business
Sutherland Global Services is a multinational BPO/BPM company with 22,000 employees worldwide. Directed and led new strategic initiatives: “incubating” new practices, leading large strategic pursuits and developing enterprise sales strategies for current clients.
- Spearheaded the effort and built business plan for a new global BPO service offering piloted with a large NYC financial institution with forecast revenue of $50M within 3 – 5 years.
EXIGEN – Private Equity/BPO Transformation Company 2007 – 2008
Senior Vice President, Sales and Strategic Planning
Exigen is a unique global services company with significant offshore presence in Eastern Europe. Provided executive sales leadership in the creation of PE-funded BPO ventures.
- Managed the engagement and negotiations to create a $40M PE-funded insurance industry BPO Company to provide services in China.
- Built top-level sales force and tripled the pipeline for PE opportunities.
- Built business, sales and marketing plans for numerous potential PE opportunities.
CGI GROUP INC. – Leading IT Services and Outsourcing Company in Canada 1999 – 2007
Senior Vice President, Global Outsourcing Sales
Hired to “jump start” and grow CGI’s outsourcing business n the US. Executive management for large (>$40M) global outsourcing opportunities. Led a globally dispersed sales team of SVPs and VPs that included sales, sales support and account executives.
- Managed $2B of team contract wins (BPO, ITO, ADM) using onshore, nearshore, and offshore business models to both new logo and current clients.
- Engagement Leader for $900M of the $2B TCV.
- Grew U.S. book of outsourcing business from $0 to greater than $1B Total Contract Value.
- Built a US sales organization and strategy that increased the pipeline to $3B from less than $10M;
- Promoted to Senior Vice President.
EDS (now HP ENTERPRISE SERVICES) – Global IT Services Company 1990 – 1999
Vice President/Account Executive Mega Deal Division
An original member of the EDS Mega Deal Division – an elite corporate team to ensure EDS’ competitiveness on large strategic or “mega” procurements (typically greater than $1B in total contract value).
- Over $3B in aggregate TCV for global pursuits.
- Chosen for the selective EDS Succession Program.
Previous EDS Positions
Director Strategy, Client / Server Business Unit (SBU)
Director Business Development / Strategic Planning, Media SBU
Director of Business Development & Consulting Operations, Communications SBU
Capture Manager, Communications SBU
- Proposal manager for a successful $400M multi-national deal.
- Project manager for the acquisition of M&SD Corp. (at the time the largest acquisition in EDS’ history).
- Project lead for the creation of Telecommunications Data Services (TDS) – a joint venture between EDS and Telefonica (national phone company of Spain).
- Developed strategy for advertising sales automation and interactive television services resulting in revenue of greater than $15M.
MBA with concentrations in Finance and Management Information Systems
Masters of Music
State University of New York – Binghamton, NY, USA
Bachelor of Arts
St. Vincent College – Latrobe, PA, USA